Law school is rough (duh). But one of the reasons it can be rough is the constant sitting without physical activity, eating crap, and drinking liquids that are usually not water.
But I found something to make it less rough! Starbucks Iced Green Tea! Ohhh my goodness, I fell in love with this stuff. Going to Starbucks to buy it was getting rough on my wallet though, so I needed to find a way to maybe come up with a recipe myself. And I DID! It saves me money, time, it’s better for me than coffee, and tastes IDENTICAL to Starbucks (because, well….read on).
The key ingredient is Tazo’s green tea with lemongrass and spearmint. It’s the SAME exact tea Starbucks uses to make theirs and it’s available at most convenient stores (I found mine at WalMart). So the taste is the same and at a FRACTION of the cost!
TIP: I like to make a gallon of it and because I like my tea SUPER cold (but hate when it gets watered down), I also pour some into an ice tray to use for ice cubes. 🙂
So here we go!
DIY Starbucks Iced Green Tea:
- Gallon Pitcher
- 8 Tazo green tea bags (I don’t think they come in family size, but if they do, 1/2 it)
- 12-16 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar (or honey for a healthier option can be substituted. Also use 1 cup)
- Boil 4 cups water in a saucepan with the 8 Tazo tea bags for 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and let the bags continue to steep for 15 minutes. This will make a concentrate.
- While that’s steeping, put your sugar or honey into the gallon pitcher.
- Once the tea bags have steeped, pour the concentrate into the gallon pitcher and stir so the sweetener dissolves.
- Top off with 8-12 cups of water (depending how strong you like it).
- Refrigerate to let get cold or you can enjoy it immediately with ice.
VOILA! Just like Starbucks! 😉
How did you like it? Do you have an awesome iced tea recipe? I always love hearing from you! 🙂